Friday, June 17, 2011

A Guide for the Perplexed

In the first semester of our macro sequence, Professor Obstfeld assigned a paper titled "Dynamic Optimization in Continuous-Time Economic Models" and very aptly subtitled "A Guide for the Perplexed." Of course, the perplexities of first year economics courses did not end there. At the end of first semester, I wrote my own guide for the perplexed. Here's the link:

Risk Aversion and Intertemporal Substitution: A Guide for the Perplexed

I had basically forgotten about it until today. Maybe some incoming first years, at Berkeley or elsewhere, can find it helpful. It ties together elements from our macro, micro, and metrics classes--it took me most of a semester to get an idea of how certain ideas fit together. Now second year is approaching and I'm more perplexed than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment